Just like any other organization we need to raise money to help provide the many opportunities to our members and community. A large portion of the money raised is used to reduce member costs of travel expenses associated with leadership and career development.
Our common fundraisers include:
1. Fall fruit, cheese and sausage sale: This is typically our largest fund-raiser. FFA members collect advance orders beginning in October with product delivery approximately the 2nd week of December. Our products make great holiday gifts.
2. Strawberry Sale: This fundraiser is held in February with March delivery. Enjoy fresh delicious Florida Strawberries while helping the FFA program.
3. Milk Vending Machine: A committee of FFA members services and maintains our chapter’s two vending machines.
4. FFA Plant Sale: The FFA chapter supports classroom instruction by investing in the materials for students to learn about commercial greenhouse production and sales. All students are provided a neat opportunity to learn about plants. Proceeds are invested in the next year’s crops and FFA programs.
5. Poinsettia and Wreath Sale: In late November and early December, FFA members construct holiday wreaths for sale to the public. The agriculture classes grow and maintain poinsettias to be sold locally.
6. WIX filters- Collect WIX filter box tops off of any filters and turn them into the FFA between January and April. WIX will donate $.25 per filter box top to the FFA chapter. WIX filters can be purchased at the following Lake Geneva locations: Bumper to Bumper